Watch this video in preparation for History class:
Read the following chapter online:
1) Humans tend to change the ecosystems they live in. Provide an example from the text.
2) Humans always win when competing with other species for basic needs in an ecosystem. Why?
3) Today’s farmers use pesticides on their crops. Why?
4) How are these pesticides hurting the ecosystem?
5) Where do mine tailings come from? How do they pollute the environment?
6) Tell me the story of mining in Sudbury, Ontario, and its harmful consequences.
Students, watch this video on ecosystems: