Unit – Structure of a Cell
Topic – Eukaryote and Prokaryote Cells
Watch the following video:
1) When talking about cells, what are the two ways in which we can categorize life?
2) What three membrane-like structures do eukaryote cells have that prokaryote cells don’t have? In addition to your answer, provide a labeled diagram.
3) Where does the root word “karyote” come from? What does it mean?
4) What does the “pro” in prokaryote refer to?
5) What do we call the denser part of the nucleus? What does this area do?
6) Provide examples of eukaryotes.
7) Provide examples of prokaryotes.