How Sound Travels Through Different Media
Watch the following video:
1) Using a drum and a piece of paper, how can you prove that sound waves vibrate?
2) Can sound travel through a solid? What would happen if you placed a stethoscope on a tabletop and listened as another person banged on the table with sticks?
3) In this video, scientists put five tonnes of plastic explosives in the ground. Explain what happened during this experiment in detail.
4) What is the speed of sound in the air?
5) What is the speed of sound in the ground?
6) What is the speed of light?